We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic second engineer.
The ideal candidate
For our trawler the H-2200 WIRON 6, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic second engineer who can also sail in the position of first engineer.
• To have sailed at least several years in charge of an engineering watch
• Affinity with fishing, whereby you will partly participate in the production process
• Speaks the English language (verbal and written)
• Hands-on mentality
• Has relevant knowledge and sufficient experience of refrigeration and freezing techniques and regulations (ammonia)
• In possession of a Certificate of Competency class one (at least chief engineer fishing <3000kW or higher
• In possession of all STCW certificates that are required for this position
What we offer:
• A responsible, challenging and varied position
• A good 3-to-1 off relief system
• The vessel is UK flagged and operated by North Atlantic Fishing Company Ltd.
Interested or further questions? Please contact:
North Atlantic Fishing Company Ltd.
Katie Cordner +44 1883 345103 / email@example.com
About Cornelis Vrolijk
Our international family business has been active in the fishing industry since 1880. We started as herring fishermen and have grown into a family of companies that revolve around many fishers and professionals. Today Cornelis Vrolijk is active in the catching, farming, processing and trade of fish, seafood and shellfish. We do this together with our enthusiastic and committed employees in several countries in Europe, Africa and Latin America. Every day, we enable millions of people worldwide to enjoy the best from the sea. At the same time, the preservation of vital seas is essential.
Not only for now but also for generations to come. We continuously work to minimise the impact of our activities on nature, both on land and at sea. In addition, care for our employees is self-evident. We cannot do without our committed employees. This is how we work together towards a sustainable future for everyone.
Are you interested in the position of Second Engineer? Apply by using the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.